Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pizza Soup - S

   This is a different name for a favorite family meal. This is one of those dishes that the only people I know that make it, is our family (and the people we've shared it with). You don't walk into a restaurant and ask for this dish. They'll look at you as if you have lost your mind. The original name is not appealing and I'm not going to share it. I don't know where the name came from originally, but they needed to get more creative.

    Thanks to Aunt Elle, who shared with me how she made this THM. I had tried a different version with cauliflower, but I think this one is more true to form. Without further adieu...






Pizza Soup - S

1 can (14.5 oz) of Pizza Sauce*
1/2 cup of Water
1 bag of Shirataki Noodles, drained, rinsed, and very finely chopped**
1 cup of frozen, shredded, or crumbled Cheese (colby, longhorn, jack, pepperjack, etc)
diced pepperoni, optional

Put first three ingredients in a large (about 7 cup) microwaveable bowl.
Microwave about 5 minutes or until heated very thoroughly.
Add cheese and stir well. If it didn't melt to you satisfaction, return 
to microwave and heat a few more minutes (about two).
Eat it and Love it!

*I didn't have pizza sauce. Well I did, but I didn't feel like opening a gallon can for this one soup.
I just used a can of diced tomatoes, that I had run through my blender cup to remove the large chunks of tomato and added about 1 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.

**You could also make this with cauliflower instead of  shiratake noodles. 
On stovetop, bring pizza sauce and water to a boil. Add tiny pieces of frozen cauliflower.
Cook until the cauliflower is one step away from completely mushy. 
Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir well to incorporate cheese.

It's best if you serve this with another protein source as a side. Not necessary, but would help the soup 'last longer'. If served with more protein, this soup serves 2.

Let me know what you think of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...