Saturday, February 8, 2014

Chocolate Covered Strawberries - S

Here's a quick Valentine's Dessert for you. Hope you enjoy!

* I rolled some of these in the Coconut Caramel Crunch recipe from Gwen's Nest*

Chocolate Covered Strawberries - S

1 batch of My Skinny Chocolate
Strawberries, washed, dried and chilled in fridge


The secret to this is getting the chocolate to the right consistency for dipping.
I mix up the chocolate and set it in the freezer for 1 minute. 
(I set the timer, because in one short minute, I can forget all about my purpose in life and wander away chasing a stray butterfly)
This freezes fast so you want to be careful.
After one minute,  stir the chocolate and return to freezer. 
Repeat until desired consistency. 
If you get it too thick or too hard, melt it and start the process over!
When you're chocolate is how you want it, dip berries in one at a time and place on wax paper
to set up (I just learned the wax coated paper plates work REALLY well for this, too!). 
Stick in the freezer for a few moments.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...